Other places

Around the Block, August CKC

Monday 2 July 2012

Canada Day Long Weekend

Hello friend. How was your weekend? Mine was very full, very busy, very fun. Here are a few of the things we did.

Saturday was the Canada Day Parade with the Cohen and the Beckster













Followed by a picnic in a quiet park.
 


 Then some bouncy-house fun!







On Sunday, Robin made blueberry pancakes with maple syrup and hung a fresh new flag on our flag pole. Happy 145th birthday, Canada!



I was recently bit by a sewing bug,

(don't go here, if you don't want to catch it....

http://teawagontales.blogspot.co.uk/

or here either!

http://sillyoldsuitcase.blogspot.ca/ )

and had to put together a pennant banner.
As I was carrying it to the garden shed to hang, Robin inquired (rather wistfully, I think) if I was making Polk-a-dot bikinis. Later, Handsome Nephew came over to discuss the finishing of the exterior of garden shed. I am to order the supplies, this week.

After a the gaiety of frivolousness of the banner, I set down to weed in the garden . We are well on the way to making a boulevard which will border the future lawn. This is a bit of a "before" picture.

 Over seven hours of weeding in the past 24 hours and it is looking much better. Next week we will install the landscape fabric and timbers.

And today, after assembling our shiny, new charcoal barbeque,

 











Robin made hamburgers for lunch.


 Yum....
 And I get to end a lovely long weekend with a visit with you. Now tell me, what did you do on your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment