Other places

Around the Block, August CKC

Thursday 5 July 2012

Counterfiet Kit Challenge July 2012

I have lurked around the Counterfeit Kit  site, long enough. Time to get in on the fun.



Put together a kit this morning using the photos and the list at Citrus Twist to match their June kit from my existing stash. Sometimes I was bang on. Sometimes I matched the colour; sometimes the energy. Spent over 45 minutes trying to find one piece of paper that I know I have that would be perfect. Alas, either my organization or my memory is failing me.

My Kit includes:
Blue textured cardstock, uk (unknown)
Green textured cardstock, Bazzill
White smooth cardstock, Creative Memories
Turquoise smooth cardstock, CTMH (Close to my heart)
Neutral print paper, uk
Blue wave print, Colorbok
Pink floral print, Basic Grey
Yellow pattern paper, uk
Red pattern paper, uk
Multi colour floral paper, uk
Multi colour plaid paper, uk
Pink wood pattern paper, uk
Mini Alpha Stamps, Addison Hill / Taffy Ink, CTMH
(these two items are to replace the mini alpha stickers as I don't have anything like theirs in my stash)
Vinyl Alphas, Sprinkles, Thickers, American Crafts
Chalk Ink, Lettuce, Colorbox
Dimensional word stickers, Kurio, K & Company



15 assorted buttons from "Gramma's Stash"
Yellow boot lace, found item
Light green embroidery floss, "Gramma's Stash"
Stamps, My Sunshine, See D's, Inque Boutique
Paper flower, Bazzill
6 antique buttons from "Gramma's Stash"
3 chipboard flowers, uk
3 speech balloons, Buzz and Bloom
Vintage book page, Reader's Digest
Antique white handmade paper, as I don't have any scraps of linen.





This is a great approach to get you looking at your supplies with a fresh perspective. Some of these are partly used. Some, like the stamps are years old and never been used. By assembling a kit  I hope to get these items onto pages and into albums. Investing the time, up front, to choose the coordinates, should improve page production time. CK gives challenges and tutorials through the month using the current kit, I will try my hand at them and post results here.

10 comments:

  1. Great job on your kit! It is so much fun, isn't it? I can't wait to see what you make from it.

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Sherrie's joining in on the fun. And what a great first kit. You've done a brilliant job. Can't wait to see what you produce. (happy dance)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your kit-glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This kit looks awesome! I really admire the collection of buttons you chose, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great kit you've put together! I'm thinking I'm going to give it my first try this month, too. Hope I can do as good a job as you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great kit, glad you decided to play along. Have a great month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh glad you have caught the counterfeit bug. Your first kit looks fab - especially those buttons. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant first kit - welcome to the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an awesome first kit. I can't wait to see what you do with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First kit???!! Way to go for making it, it's an awesome kit.
    I'm so happy you joined us in the fun :).

    ReplyDelete