Other places

Around the Block, August CKC

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Journal Cards

Have been toying with the idea of the project life approach to memory keeping. And when I saw this idea on the Counterfeit Kit site, yesterday, to make journal cards, it took me a step closer to joining the parade.

So I zipped up a dozen and a half cards while watching a movie.








I followed the steps on the Counterfeit site, pretty closely.
  • Cut 3"x4: rectangles from various ledger and graph papers in my stash.  
  • Tape strips of scrap paper down the sides/top of the journal blocks.  
  • A small punch adds  detail to a few of the journal spots.  
  • Random mini word and/or phrase stickers lend some personality.   
  • A little washi tape, here and there adds the next dimension. 
  • Messy stitching on each card, adds texture.
  • Finally, a corner rounder gives a finished look.     
    Kinda pleased with the results.


 


















Today has been rainy. Indoor type weather. With Cohen and Becky to entertain me, we were digging though the kids craft supplies and I pulled out a box of bits and bobs that were leftover from a foray into Artist Trading Cards. I tried my hand at ATC about six years ago, before I found scrapbooking. It didn't fly with me, but I kept the eclectic selection of supplies I had compiled,  thinking it would come in handy for a kids craft.

Well it came in handy today. I pumped out about 30 little cards. These will be great for my TOPS group for notes of encouragement and congratulations.

I  stamped most of them with a journal spot and filled in some of those with funny and inspiring quotes. Lots of inked edges too. I like inking the edges because it is cheap, effective and fast.






A few will have to migrate to my reading pile. These will be the cat's whiskers as bookmarks.

'Til next time. 


3 comments:

  1. Hi sherrie, thanks for visiting my blog! You look like you have been having some fun family times lately! I don't do any scrap booking but I do have an ever growing collection of 1960/70s wallpaper so watch this space! Ada:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ada, thanks for commenting. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with for paper projects with all that wall paper.

      Delete
  2. Love your cards! Sooo cute! I love the blue and red, for sure. And your cards with the quotes are sooo cute and funny! May have to lift a few of the quotes from ya!

    ReplyDelete