Other places

Around the Block, August CKC

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Mini Cards

The idea to make "Project Life" style journal cards came from a CKC blog in July and I jumped right in. The first round I made these. I have been using them on my layouts this month. Last night I just couldn't find the right "something, something" for the page under construction, so I whipped up some more.

 
 And because I have too much fun, making these little miniature layouts, I made these.

 How too? Cut your base paper, (the lined paper) to 3X4. Stick on some bits of off cuts in a pleasing manner. Add embelishments and/or stitching as you wish. Washi tape, button, fabric daisy trim, doodling are on the lower set.  Stitching, button, twine, fabric daisy trim on the top set. Snip corners with corner rounder and they are ready to enjoy!

Use to brighten your day! Journal cards, book marks, lunch box notes, to-do lists, shopping lists, gift tags. Do you have any other ideas, on how to use these? Please share.





7 comments:

  1. Congratulations you won my giveaway. Email me so I can get your address. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't leave any comments on your last post, not sure why but I loved that felt flower, very me! Where do you get your washi tape from? Feeling the need! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ada, the green washi tape, I made by using green painters tape. I put a strip on some product packaging, so it was flat and I would be able to remove it when done. Then I stamped it using Staz-on Ink which is alchohol based, and dries almost instantly. Then I just tore of pieces as needed. The swirly stamp was from Close To My Heart.

      Delete
  3. I thought these were a standout in your kit & love these new incarnations - thx for sharing. Would be great slapped on the front of a simple card - just add the appropriate sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful! What a great look for Project Life or journaling on any layout or card. They are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete