Other places

Around the Block, August CKC

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Round up for "Hop To It"

End of month. End of kit. Time to show off the month's accomplishments.

The snow had finally receded to where I could walk around the yard when we had another snowstorm yesterday. Nothing chases me down to the studio, faster than inhospitable weather. Knocked out another four layouts because of it. 

Ten single page layouts. One sheet of patterned paper that didn't turn my crank, so in the end it has been moved to the "pay it forward" pile. Partial sheets go to the scrap box. Itty bitty bits of paper get dropped into another box, from which I compile my fake project life journal cards. Embellies get sorted back into the drawers.

The ingredients used:


This month I found myself harvesting ideas and scraplifting from flikr more than usual. I am not sure why, as scrappers we always feel obliged to comment when our designs are not completely hatched from our own noggin. When you have people for dinner, you don't have to say that you consulted a recipe book for ideas. Maybe, it is an internal obligation to recognize the person(s) who inspired you.

The first layout for Hop To It was appropriately, about the furry courier of chocolate eggs, himself.
Paper Whites features the first collage I made with Picasa


Gets me joked up: Lifted from Kelli. http://www.flickr.com/photos/scrapbookgirl71/6827542967/
 Spring Bling: Featuring a close up of my (then) new Canadian diamond engagement ring. (blush)
 "baby" was made from two epoxy lower case "Q"s turned on end. And the "a" and "y" were painted pink and covered in liquid glass. The photos of Rebecca were extra's given to me by a friend that must have made a slight error when she was printing four-ups. Managed to use some of them here.
Scraplifted from Lynnette. http://www.flickr.com/photos/54430328@N03/8622951894/
 Another lift of Lynnette. http://www.flickr.com/photos/54430328@N03/8683924679/ 
Pee In The Tree: Still some tweaking needed on this one. The unusual topic for a layout, needs an explanation that while Cohen was potty training we encouraged him to "borrow a bush" when he was playing in the sandbox. Keep in mind, friends, that we live in the country, surrounded by trees.
 My Piggy: Extra credit earned for using messy techniques. Resist paper and twinkling water colours.
Organize This: The "go-to" product for this month turned out to be washi tape as it turned up on a lot of layouts. This resulted in a new affirmation for me. "When in doubt, add washi." Wonder if I can still squeeze an "a" in where the "i" is going to come out of. Thanks spell-check.

I do hope the links to the flikr gallery work. If not I will be editing after publishing, until I get it figured out.

Also during April, I worked toward clearing away old projects as spring will soon be sprung with the budding of the trees,  new season, new inspirations. A plethora of new projects is sure to be on the agenda. Meanwhile back at the ranch, the  "to be continued" pile was cut by more than half. Most of them were started long before I found LOAD and CKC. It gave me a good indication of how my design sense has changed. They needed titles, journaling, names, dates. I dug in and brought them to completion in record time.
 In Bloom: Might change out the journaling to strips
 Dymo tape was called on to finish up a few.


 You and Me: First attempt at journaling had been a fail. Used a fake PL card to cover it up.

 Tommy and Jo. Note to self: Time to get Tom's stories down. He went missing on July 27, last year.
And finally, another birthday layout. Not from the kit and not from the  "to be continued" pile. Just one that wanted to be done now.
And that concludes the scraptivity for the month of April.

Don't miss tomorrow with the launch of a new CKC kit and a really special, exciting announcement. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. WOW - a great round-up! Love the beautiful flower photos and had to laugh at the peeing page!!! I caught Hubby doing that between parked cars once and scrapped it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful kit, fabulous set of layouts

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many fantastic pages! You have a wonderful way with words as well as scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on all those lovely pages!

    ReplyDelete